Sunday, January 27, 2013

Excellent Video on Axes

Bernie Weisgerber of the USDA Forest Service

The following video was sent to me by my good friend, Jake. This is a fantastic historical and educational video put out by the US Forest Service on the ax, hanging a new handle, sharpening, and working with the ax. There is also good information on the many styles of axes, broadaxes, hatchets, and adzes. This was a perfect video for me as I have been doing a lot more work with firewood, splitting, etc. The host is Bernie Weisgerber, who works for the USDA Forest Service as a historic preservationist. This guy is a genius when it comes to axes and handtools, and he is a great teacher on top of it. If you have any interest in lumberjacking, wood chopping, axes, or history, I would highly recommend watching this video.



1 comment:

  1. That was a great video, thank you for bringing it to my attention. On the downside, though, now I know just how badly I mangled my first attempt to hang an axe.

    ReplyDelete