Monday, October 15, 2012

How I Spent My Sunday... Planting my Garden Beds!


I spent a few hours today planting my garden beds. Lots of fun! I did get a little help from Elijah, my 3 year old son.

Here is what I planted today. Almost all were seeds. I'll post some more photos as things start growing.
  • Basil – Genovese
  • Basil – Thai (Siam)
  • Beets – Detroit Dark Red
  • Beets – Burpee’s Golden
  • Beets – Tall Top Early Wonder
  • Broccoli – Romanesco (yeah, some people call it a cauliflower)
  • Brussels Sprout – Long Island Improved
  • Cabbage – Copenhagen Market
  • Cabbage – Red Acre
  • Cauliflower – Purple Cape
  • Cauliflower – Snowball
  • Cauliflower – unknown variety of seed that I saved from my previous garden
  • Dill
  • Garlic – Softneck (grocery store garlic that started to sprout)
  • Garlic – Hardneck (grocery store garlic that started to sprout)
  • Kale – Dwarf Blue Curled
  • Kohlrabi – Early White Vienna
  • Leek – American Flag
  • Leek – Giant Musselburgh
  • Lemongrass
  • Lettuce – Black Seeded Simpson
  • Lettuce – Parris Island Cos (Romaine)
  • Onion – Long Red Florence
  • Onion – Sweet Spanish Yellow Utah Jumbo
  • Onion – Walla Walla
  • Parsley
  • Radish - Watermelon
  • Sage
  • Shallots – Red (grocery store shallots that started to sprout)
  • Spinach - America
  • Swiss Chard – Five Color Silverbeet
  • Turnip – Purple Top White Globe
  • Rosemary

5 comments:

  1. Beds look great! Though I'm curious what you're using for soil. I'm jelous, here in Wisconsin the growing season is coming to a close and cold weather setting in. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this great resource. It fills a much needed nich for us temperate climate folks that understand the need for permaculture. I started my own blog as a journal of our 1 acre site. Please take a look if you get a chance, I'd love your feedback. http://www.wholeviewfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I just love it and I want also to do in my garden! The thing is I have to buy a good soil and some wood to make the bed..or maybe we make with bricks...Also animal fertiizer..I love yours with stones..Lovely! I am in love with all this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice. I am so excited for you. Your garden beds must be blooming well now. It is so nice that you planted usable plants, which would definitely be a great addition to your daily menu. So much time has passed since then. Is the garden still thriving? :)
    Darrell Gardner @ LivingColourGardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة تنظيف نظافة وجمال منزلك خير دليل على نظافة الجدران حيث ينكشف بسرعة أكبر قدر من الأوساخ والغبار والأوساخ ، كما نقوم بتنظيف الجدران بالطلاء والمواد الحافظة للجدران وتنظيفها بكفاءة عالية. تستخدمين أفضل وأقوى وأسلم المنظفات لصحتك ، والتي تحتوي أيضًا على عطر ذكي يعزز جمال المكان. يبدأ التنظيف بغسل جميع أنواع الجدران سواء كانت دهانات أو دريوال أو جميع أنواع ورق الحائط.

    ReplyDelete