Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Permaculture Cities?


I read the following article on the Permaculture Magazine website. To be honest, I am not sure how I feel about it. There is something in me that is so adverse to cities, that I don't know if I am giving this article's concepts a fair shake. I think it brings up some great points and some interesting ideas. I think that the idea of a Permaculture-minded and designed city sounds great, I think it is impractical for decades. I wish that were not the case, but unfortunately, these concepts are too obscure or too intangible to be applied... yet. I do hope and think there will be a time when humans will see that this really is the only way to live in a city, but I do feel that this is quite a long way off in the future. Sooner or later, this is an interesting article nonetheless.

Can We Make Our Cities Sustainable?


3 comments: