Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Permaculture Cities?


I read the following article on the Permaculture Magazine website. To be honest, I am not sure how I feel about it. There is something in me that is so adverse to cities, that I don't know if I am giving this article's concepts a fair shake. I think it brings up some great points and some interesting ideas. I think that the idea of a Permaculture-minded and designed city sounds great, I think it is impractical for decades. I wish that were not the case, but unfortunately, these concepts are too obscure or too intangible to be applied... yet. I do hope and think there will be a time when humans will see that this really is the only way to live in a city, but I do feel that this is quite a long way off in the future. Sooner or later, this is an interesting article nonetheless.

Can We Make Our Cities Sustainable?


1 comment:

  1. forward thinking leaders of cities are beginning to think and act as Register would like. urbanization is the (near) future for humans and all the embodied energy in cities is worth re-organizing and re-using. eventually populations (and/)or consumption habits will lessen but in the mean time i believe it makes sense to utilize and improve what is at hand in cities....

    ReplyDelete